Jean Paul’s Maison Makes You Feel at Home
- Unpretentious, seasonal dishes are all reasonably price, and the cottage setting is truly charming.
- Buzz-worthy Chef Jean Paul Desmaisons has had hits with La Cofradia in his native Lima, Peru and Coral Gables, and he’s in house at the stove here most nights.
- The music is low enough for good conversation.
Good to Know
- There’s a free fenced-in parking lot on the north side of the restaurant Monday through Wednesday, valet service Thursday through Saturday and free street parking in front.
- Discount prices on wine by the glass and small bites are offered weekdays at the bar from 5-7:30pm.
- On Tuesdays from November to May, get 35 percent off the wine list. And on Tuesdays from June to September, get 50 percent off bottles over $40.
- Parties of four to six might want to ask for the rustic farm table in front surrounded by a wallpaper forest of trees; parties of eight to 10 would be wise to request the private table in the back room.
- For those going to a show at the nearby Arsht Center for the Performing Arts, the restaurant features a pre-theater menu with appetizer, main and dessert for $30.
·Risotto with Shrimp in a Traditional Peruvian Chupe
·Lomo Saltado: Beef Tenderloin, Onions, Tomato, Aji Amarillo
·Beets, Blood Orange and Avocado Salad
What to Drink
·Riesling, Eins Zwei Der “3”, Leitz Rheingau (by the glass)
·Chardonnay, Wente, “Riva Ranch”, Livermore Valley, California (by the glass)
·Malbec, Ferllen Reserva, Mendoza (by the bottle)
A reservation will now earn you: 200 Reward pts.
For every reservation that you make and honor (you actually show up at the restaurant and have a meal) on CityEats.com, you will earn 200 CityEats Rewards points. If you then write a review of your dining experience, you will earn an additional 200 points. Once you have collected 2,500 points, you can redeem them for either a $25 gift certificate or a charitable donation in the amount of $25.